Lutheran Service Society offers programs that empower our neighbors to lead independent, dignified, and secure lives. Click the title from the list below for more information on a specific program.
- ACTT: Through its Adult Computer & Technology Training program, Lutheran Service Society provides education and access to computer technologies and the Internet to area residents ages 50 and over.
- Adoption and Permanency Services: Lutheran Service Society provides in-depth, compassionate, and professional services to couples or individuals seeking to adopt foreign-born children, older children, children with special needs, and infants.
- Affordable Housing: The affordable housing program at Lutheran Service Society offers safe, affordable, maintenance-free, independent living apartments for low-income elderly or disabled persons in buildings owned and/or managed by Lutheran Service Society in western Pennsylvania.
- Meals On Wheels: Throughout western Pennsylvania and in parts of West Virginia, Lutheran Service Society volunteers prepare and deliver meals, providing a face-to-face visit as well as proper nutrition to those who cannot cook or shop for themselves.
- Older Adult Protective Services: Under contract with the Allegheny County Department of Human Services / Area Agency on Aging, Lutheran Service Society investigates allegations of physical and emotional abuse and exploitation that threaten the health, safety, and welfare of senior citizens living in Allegheny County, Pa.
- Senior Centers: Senior centers managed by Lutheran Service Society offer preventive health programs and educational and recreational activities, along with nutritious lunches to help seniors stay active and healthy. SilverSneakers® is offered at many of the centers to encourage fitness among seniors.